Google Maps is very helpful to all of us for easier and quicker navigation and for providing us more help, the Google Maps Street View app is available.
With the Google Street View app, we can now explore numerous places with 360 degrees view. Users can easily navigate the streets and check the whole area.
Street view is actually rolled into Google Maps via the independently-updated Street View module.
For accessing the Street View on the tablet or phone, you have to simply long press somewhere on the map for dropping a pin, search for a place or you can also select a pre-determined location and then tap the bar in the bottom.
You will see a Street View image among the information such as the operating hours and reviews. Just tap on it and you will be taken to the street-level imagery at that selected location.
So, it is very simple to get around in the Street View mode and the basic navigation paradigms are as follows.
- You have to Swipe with one finger in any direction for moving your camera view.
- Now, Tap the arrows at the bottom of the screen to move in those directions small increments
- Now, you have to Double tap locations on the street to quickly move to that spot
- Now, Pinch and zoom to look closer at anything on the map
Thanks to the excellent sensors present in the tablet and mobile phones such as the accelerometers and gyroscopes, you are able to get a uniquely-immersive experience of the Street View.
The Street View includes several features, such as:
- Recent snapshots of video feeds every 15 minutes
- See the flow of traffic in the area Vivid images of the places so it feels like you are ‘walking’ in the streets .
- A panoramic view of the area, which gives you the idea of how the vicinity looks like.
If you want to enable a “look around” mode where you point the camera by actually moving your device and body instead of swiping, then you have to tap on the screen to bring up the control interface and just tap the arrowed button in the bottom-right corner to toggle the mode on or off.